A flyable evening. Maybe strong but worth heading out.
Well. That was what I hoped for. Quite a few people showed some interest in heading out.
South Westerly forecast. Strong to start with dropping maybe as the evening went on.
I set my sights on getting to the hill for 18.30. It was probably flyable earlier in the day but had a lot on with work.

 

Someone said it might be worth going to Glencoe on Saturday. Probably Derek. We'll blame him as a starting point.
I've only been up that way once before. So thought... Why not.
Friday night. Checked the forecast. Westerly. WTF?
Rob's response... It's an adventure. Why not.

 

Woke up to a beautiful morning and what looked like a steady breeze in Innerleithen, and it looked stronger than the 6mph in the forecast.

I was willing to wait till later on to see if things improved. I then remembered we had an estate car with plenty room so I suggested a family trip to St Marys Loch for a paddle, ice-cream and hopefully a flight.

Headed up Bridgend on Thursday evening as there were rumblings on the Wingbeat email group. No-one about when I walked up but just after six when I had set out and clipped in I saw Jamie arriving at the bottom with Steven.